Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Film labeling & torn sprockets.


I've had my Diana Mini for about a year and a half now, and I only recently realised that it would be a good idea to try & remember what film I had in her. Since I have a big love for high speed films I thought it would be handy to know what kind of light to be looking for when out & about.

So I give you the very technical Sharpie & Washi Tape Film Discovery Solution! (I do realise that it's kinda unlikely that I'm the first one to think of this.)


I've love it so much that I also use it on my LC-A... not only is it informative... but it's even a tiny bit pretty. (photos taken on instagram... my username is milkandmiel if you would like to follow me!)

On another note, my poor Diana Mini & my new Wendy the White Diana have been struck with a couple of bad cases of tearing sprockets... which the camera is known for, but until now I've not had a huge issue with. With 3 films now that no photo lab will scan without charging me a fortune to hand scan each frame, I think I am well and truly in the market for a negative scanner.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

I hope everyone had a lovely Valentines day yesterday!

4 comments:

Thomas Folke Andersen said...

Cute little lo-fi trick! How about the Epson Perfection V700 (or whatever current version there is of that)?

Cheers,
Thomas

Rhianne said...

I've had the same problem with my diana, you have to be so gentle with winding it on...

I think I need a scanner too though, let me know if you find a good one :)

Great idea about the tape though, I need to do that too - I've completely forgotten whats in my holga at the moment :/

elle :: dare my wild heart said...

This is a fantastic idea. I often forget what's in my Diana Mini! Or, worse, if there's film in there at all.

Sorry you're having sprocket problems! Can you take/send it back?

I have the Epson v300 scanner but it's recently started putting random lines through each frame. Let me know what you end up getting!

Magali Vaz said...

This is neat! Must get some washi tape. :)
If you haven't found a scanner yet I'd definitely recommend the Epson V600, I bought it recently & love it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...