Friday, March 4, 2011

By Road or Air




If one particular activity in life lends itself to photography, it would be travel. Like a visual haiku, travel photographs capture a moment, that exists to jog the memory forever.

Travel photography not only extends to tourist memorabilia, but also to classic road trip photography (imagine Jack Kerouac's 'On the Road') or perhaps even dreamy photographs taken from a window seat on a aeroplane, sun & clouds bursting from the sky.

I love how photographs like these bring back the pure joy, exhilaration and memory of travel. I really wish I had brought my Diana Mini camera when I was travelling Europe in the spring & summer of 2009. I even came close to buying one when I was in Vienna, but I talked myself out of it. It wasn't until I was back in London preparing to come back to Australia that the Lomography bug finally bit me & I brought my first little Diana Mini.

I would love to make my way back to Europe with my analogue cameras, especially Paris. But for now I will have to be content with photographing lovely Melbourne until my next overseas trip in July, New York here I come!

These photos were taken with my Diana Mini on Lomography X-Pro Slide 200 film cross-processed.

♥ Mel

P.S. I can't wait to go to the Diana Mini workshop tomorrow at the Diana World Tour Melbourne exhibition, if you're in Melbourne & interested in going see my previous blog post for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...